Friday, July 29, 2011

Hang the Debt Ceiling!

So, as I write this they're still wrangling about the debt ceiling in Washington.

Republicans are fighting Democrats.

Tea Partyers are refusing to play.

"an no one's gettin' fat 'cept Momma Cass!"

Sorry - 60's flashback. (People under 30, ask your parents.)

Anyway, here's what I've noticed:

I get mail from the Democrats. I see ads from all kinds of political organizations on Facebook. I see the President on TV.

And this is my conclusion:

They'll get it done. We'll all survive. The world will go on. And all this will have served it's purpose.

What's its purpose, you ask?

Money. Of course. This whole thing has been terrific for fundraising and gathering the troops for the next election. Think about it: When people get all fired up about something they get involved - and they send money!

You may disagree, but since this is my blog I get the space up top. Would love to read your comments though.

In the meantime I, unlike those clowns in Washington, am doing something useful.

Like drawing pictures:

Riding Along

That's it, and I hope you're having a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Jude Ongley-Mowris said...

I AM having a terrific day! And this drawing is so darn cute! Love it!