Thursday, March 31, 2011

And When Did You Become a Doctor, M'am?

The past 2 weeks have been rough. First, there was the visit to Meadville Hospital ER because this Florida girl can't navigate Mother's stairs without injury.

Then there was the cold I caught either in said hospital or perhaps aboard the plane coming back.

And finally, there was the burn I got using a heating pad (to comfort the aforementioned injury).

Or, so I thought.

So today I finally see a doctor about it - the burn - because I thought it was getting infected. The doctor was kind but firm: My "burn" is an ordinary case of the shingles which, by now, is healing nicely.

FYI - "Shingles" is the chicken pox virus emerging from it's dormant state in one's body at times of stress, poor immune function, age, etc. I didn't catch it from anyone. Anyone who has ever had chicken pox could some day have a case of the shingles. This was actually my second go 'round - lucky me!

OK. That's your medical tutorial for today. While I was waiting to see the doctor I drew a decidedly cheerful picture, on yellow paper, no less!

In The Garden
Here's to increasingly bright sunny days ahead! Yeah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad you are healing. Much more disturbing is the fact that you can create something so beautiful!

Carol Shoemaker said...

um...thanks...I guess....

Anonymous said...

I meant, something so beautiful while sitting in a waiting room! those places give me the creeps!

Anonymous said...

Carol, I'm so sorry about your shingles. Glad you're on the mend. For anyone who hasn't had it, DON'T. I had it on my face. Ouch!
Suzie

KB in BR said...

This is better than any gardens I've ever seen! Much more interesting, ... That's why your drawings so fascinate us!! Keep 'em coming. Take better care of yourself now, OK? Luvya