Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Renditions

What an exciting night! Everyone watching to see how the vote came out. I mean on "Dancing With The Stars," of course.

You say there's an election?

Just kidding. I voted, of course, and I'm hoping Alex Sink becomes our new governor of Florida. Not so much because of her, but mostly because I'm afraid of what Rick Scott might do to this state. Let's just say I don't trust him....

Nice thing about democracy is we get the privilege of voting out the bad guys - and putting in a new bunch of criminals - every 4 years or so.

I have a kind of "chaos" theory about government. Like unruly children, bad politicians can't work together for long, and eventually end up fighting each other and telling on each other, and that helps us know who to kick out.

Some of our elected officials are honest and deserve our respect, of course. If I thought they were all criminals I would become very depressed, so I give them the benefit of the doubt, always. And as I listen to the results on the TV, I escape into my artistic endeavors, thereby keeping my sanity.

Here is another rendition of "Dancing With the Stars."

And, some other drawings inspired by current events:

Burning the Oil Spill


                                                                        
Islandic Volcano

And finally, a fancy lady:

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carol, these are just sooooooo beautiful! I see art deco influence as well as an oriental flair, particularly in the island volcano one. The buildings almost look like Chinese writing! All of these should be in a beautiful portfolio so that you can show them at a moment's notice. I do think a card company would love your designs! Of course, expensivly framed and hanging in a fine art gallery would work also (grin).
Jude *