Saturday, December 3, 2011

OK OK!

OK I'm back! I'm OK!

You're OK!

No reason for the long break, really; just lost interest for a little while.

So, October 19th was my one year anniversary on this blog. In that time I had over 11,000 page views, from 10 different countries. My posts prompted 254 comments this year. Thanks y'all!

I wrote 123 posts this year. That's almost one every three days.

By far my most popular post was, Flying Purple People Eater (FPPE). It was viewed 366  times.

I have a theory about that, which was suggested by a bit of spam that came through. In the spam comment there was a hint that FPPE may have been some sort of communication code involved in the "Arab Spring." Really! It was not the usual spam, which is full of advertising links. Instead, it was a message about prison and being captured, etc.

I hope the guy got away, at least I think I do....! The Internet is a fascinating place!

My second most popular post was Still Life, With Potatoes - a recipe post, of course. My recipe for hash browns prompted several comments and 2 recipe contributions (french fries in the oven and sweet potatoes in the crock pot). Thanks, Jude and Paul!

I have 4 followers, and thank you for your extra support. Folks who read me regularly, would you like to become a follower? It's relatively easy, I think.

You don't get a prize for becoming a follower - just my thanks, praise, gratitude, prayers for a good life, etc.

The folks who have found me by accident have "googled" some interesting phrases, such as:
  • dali
  • eggs and hashbrowns
  • purple people eater
  • sad momma pictures
  • purple people
  • tupperware cat
  • a mopping refrigerator               (now, there's an idea!)
  • dish pan purple
In the meantime, I've been busy with projects and so on. Here are some pictures for you. Art Basal is in town:




This shoe thing has gone too far!


Look carefully - at the visitor's hand!
 
Art Basel is in Miami but not literally on the beach - and neither are these ladies!

What is it!
Sorry - no drawings from me this time. I have some, but my scanner is giving me problems....!

Hope you're having a wonderful day. I am!

3 comments:

Jude Ongley-Mowris said...

OK..I want those shoes! And welcome back to blogland..we missed you!
(hey)Jude

Carol Shoemaker said...

I think they're made of Legos (grin).

KathyB said...

You're back .... Yea!!! Missed your blog ... a lot! Sure wish I was in Miami to see this Basel exhibit with you. What fun that would be. I'll check in again soon. Hope you'll have more to share. Congrats on the blog anniversary. Waay cool. Keep drawing. Luv,