Sunday, December 18, 2011

This 'N That

I'm never "ready" for Christmas. However, I do have a bunch of cards ready to mail tomorrow - maybe they'll get there on time....

And - I've been trying for 2 days to order gifts online. I got a couple squared away, but messed up on the rest. For me, it really is faster to go to the store (but hard on the feet).

Think I might visit the Super Walmart tomorrow.

One thing I won't do is shop on Christmas eve. I did a few years ago and had a bit of a disagreement (shall we say) with a lady at Target. Back then I didn't have a cell phone. If I had, I would have called the cops.

She was no "lady" - and neither was I!

So I'm spending my days cleaning up after the puppy. She's getting it - slowly - and is probably wondering in her little head why Momma is so interested in her bodily functions.

She eats like a little pig. Gained 2 pounds in the first 10 days we had her!

On another note, there's nothing like a good movie to take one away from holiday stress and puppy stress. Last night I watched Super 8.

If you're a sci-fi fan, make sure you see it some time. And if you're not, I think you still might like it. It's got kids, zombies, a space monster, a sweet romance, lots of action, explosions and mystery. It might scare little kids, but for grown up and half grown kids it's a great movie:

The Kids - Amateur Movie Makers
Here Comes the Space Alien!
.... And There It Goes!
Did I mention it was produced by Steven Spielberg (think ET)?

That's it for now. Hope you're having a wonderful day - and don't worry about being "ready" for the holidays!


3 comments:

Jude Ongley-Mowris said...

He he.....I'm ready for Christmas all year! I love this time of year! So glad the puppy is making progress. What is his/her name?
Jude *

Carol Shoemaker said...

Her name is Chica. More later.

Jude Ongley-Mowris said...

Good name! By the way, one of my goals for 2012 is to draw "something" every day. A small sketch does qualify:) You could draw one of your beautiful pieces, like one a week? You would have a wonderful collection at the end of the year?
Love you,
Jude **