Friday, June 17, 2011

Trade Secrets

Not really.

It's just that I said I would talk about the backgrounds of my drawings, in case you're interested.

It's been fun.
  • I made a collage from bits of construction paper that came home from Caroline's first grade classroom.
  • I dabbed paint.
  • I took a picture of a flowering bush.
  • I glued yarn - and bits of ribbon.
These were the raw materials. I scanned them into my computer and played with the Photo Shop application, changing the colors, shades, sharpness. Cropping the design and enlarging it. Changing the printer settings, etc. etc.

Here are some of the results:




 




And, one drawing with - and one without:

Growing Like Weeds

 
Sail or Swim

Now I'm working on adding a little color to my drawings without allowing the color to dominate. For me, the line's the thing - and always will be.

Hope you're having a wonderful day!  Bye for now!




1 comment:

Jude said...

Well aren't you the most clever!!! What a fun thing to play with, and the possibilites are endless. Try scanning lace....
I really like the pieces with interesting backgrounds. It provides another layer of interest I think.