Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Found Treasures




Look at this beautiful Oscar de la Renta dressing gown:



This is a size small gown made for a tall, thin rich person, but I got it at Goodwill for four dollars. The photos don't do it justice, but I think you get the idea. It's in perfect condition - maybe never worn.

It's missing the belt, but that's no problem for me, since I will be shortening the gown for a very short size small person. The fabric I cut off will be enough for a belt and a few other things besides - makeup bag, slippers, whatever.

It's a lot of fun shopping for "finds" at Goodwill.

The stuff I donate to Goodwill is usually so worn out they probably sell it for rags. But other people's donations are sometimes just wonderful! And Goodwill gets the money to continue their programs. Some years back they provided job placement and training for Beth, helping her work at Publix Grocery for awhile and then Wendy's Restaurant for about six years. Love those people!

Speaking of people helping people, a certain young lady has shared with me two excellent projects:
I don't have personal experience to report on, but the premise - people sharing what they don't want free or next to nothing - is a wonderful way to go.

Reminds me of the 60's. Guess I'm really just an old hippy after all....!

So, for all you old hippys out there, and non-hippys, here's another drawing:


Hope you're checking out all my prints via the link in the upper right corner of this blog. They're all for sale (hint!). Even if you're not shopping, you can have fun playing with different color mats and frames, and how they affect the pictures. Oh, and there's other artwork on there too, including photography....

Next time I write, I'll talk about the backgrounds on my drawings.

1 comment:

Jude said...

From one old hippie to another, I LOVE the drawing! The person who gets to wear that lovely gown will be very lucky. That was a great find!
Jude *