Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's With the Weather, Right?

I can't believe how damp everything is!

It's so wet that we have toadstools in the front yard:


In true Florida fashion, even the toadstools here are fancy, with scalloped edges like petals. I outlined their shape with pen and added a fairy:


The stepping-stone tile in the picture is covered with moss. And so is my front sidewalk:


Think I'll have to go to Home Depot and see what they have for moss, because it's slippery.

This is a serious problem: I'm concerned that the Chinese Food delivery man might fall - or the Pizza guy - causing long term negative consequences for our happy home, if you know what I mean....!

As for my gardening project, well, due to the rain I haven't done much. But I was able to get everything stacked in the back yard, thanks to Tyler, who mows our lawn. So, heavy lifting done, all I need to do is set up the fame and cut open the bags of dirt!

On a totally different subject, but because I just couldn't wait to show you this picture, look at this neat idea for a snack:



It's a waffle ice cream cone filled with grapes.

Well, yeah, I'd rather have ice cream too (sigh).

Anyhow, time to say bye for now. Go eat something tasty!

4 comments:

Jude Ongley-Mowris said...

Where do you get those waffle cones? They are my favorite! Do you freeze the grapes? When it is hot, frozen grapes are the best. You might even be able to convince yourself you are eating ice cream! (love the little fairy).
Jude *

Carol Shoemaker said...

Oh my gosh, I couldn't tell you where I got the cones. In the grocery store I guess. If you don't find them in the grocery store, Walmart would have them for sure. And, yeah, I really like frozen grapes!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Carol, where do you get these great ideas? Fruit in a waffle cone is ALMOST as good as ice cream. Would a little bit of chocolate syrup over sliced peaches or strawberries be over the top? Yum! And I agree with Jude. The fairy is delightful. She has an attitude! Love her.
Suze

Carol Shoemaker said...

I love all those ideas Suze. Now, if we could just find a fruit that sprinkles would stick to...! I got it - broccoli! A broccoli cone with sprinkles! Now I've gone just too far, I'm afraid (grin).

I know broccoli is not a fruit.