Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to School (sigh)!

Hi Everybody.

Odie here.

My Momma's been in a funk lately so I'm trying to help her out.

But, hey, I've been feeling pretty bad too. You see, school has started back up and my Momma Caroline is gone all day - every day!  She leaves at 7 in the morning and doesn't get home 'til 4 or 5 o'clock and, boy, do I miss her!

Now my Momma Carol, well, I think she's just feeling her age. You see, she turned 65 this month:


She looks happy enough here. But that's what you get with a couple of beers and a silly hat!

Now she says she's feeling fine again. Whatever it was that got her down earlier this month - depression, infection, aggravation, imperfection - she's better now. She's cleaning off her desk, cleaning up the house (sort of), getting back on track. She even went and bought materials for that raised bed vegetable garden she's been talking about!

I'm glad for that, 'cause her bad mood was getting me down!

It's tough enough having to wait at the front door for the other one to get home.


Now, don't mope around like I do. Check out these two poems (limericks) and see if they don't bring a smile to your face:

County Down

A young lass from old County Down
Was arrested for painting the town.
"It just got in me head
to go paint the town red."
Which she did in her night-sleeping gown.

by Denise Rodgers
And this one is not about me:

My Long-Eared Dog

My long-eared dog is very sweet
He loves to lick my stinky feet.
And that is why I'd use my mace
before I'd let him lick my face.

by Denise Rodgers



1 comment:

Jude Ongley-Mowris said...

Ah! Great poems! Probably a good thing I don't remember the rest of "There once was a girl from Nantucket ......
Welcome back! I do love Odie's literary style. I think he needs to write children;s books....or maybe dog's books? Looking forward to pics of the garden!
Love ys,
Jude*